IUTOX Executive Committee Strategic Plan for 2007–2010
Improving human health through the science and practice of toxicology world-wide.
IUTOX achieves its vision by fostering international scientific cooperation for the global acquisition and utilization of knowledge in toxicology for the improvement of human health.
Recognizing the value of a multi-national, multicultural organization, IUTOX will work toward the following objectives:
- Provide an international platform and leadership to promote scientific cooperation and exchange in toxicology.
Enhance opportunities for educational development and exchange in toxicology.
- Organize with member societies, triennial international congresses (International Congress of Toxicology and Congress on Toxicology in Developing Countries) on toxicology to facilitate and encourage scientific exchange and leadership.
- Explore additional formats such as blogs, Web sites, conference calls, and focussed workshops.
- Collaborate in the development of the World Library of Toxicology
- Facilitate meetings of national leaders in toxicology during major scientific meetings.
Broaden the geographic base of toxicology as a discipline.
- Support courses and lectures in developing countries and elsewhere.
- Promote RASS, RAW and other international educational opportunities world-wide.
- Identify sources, raise funds and award fellowships for international training and exchange programs.
Communicate the value of toxicology for improving human health.
- Encourage diversity of toxicological disciplines in a region.
- Provide a means for toxicologists in areas with limited numbers and resources to identify with the science.
- Increase the number of member societies in a region.
- Building capacity for toxicology in a country or region.
Strengthen organizational effectiveness.
- Identify partners to assist in achieving this objective.
- Survey member societies to identify their efforts and share broadly.
- Facilitate platforms for discussion among regulators, academics, stakeholders, private sector and public at large regarding toxicological issues.
- Refine and align structure to reflect vision statement, mission and objectives.
- Reach out to other partners to provide for adequate funding of the organization and its activities.
- Improve dialogue with member societies.
Strategic Plan Archive