What Information Is Being Collected?
When you participate in, access, or sign up for membership or any of IUTOX’s events, services, activities, online content, or webinars, IUTOX may receive personal information from you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, telephone numbers, location information, gender, date of birth, educational information, purchasing or payment information, subscription preferences, as well as any additional information you upload or provide to us, in addition to information collected about your use of IUTOX services.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, including sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers from US citizens who receive awards or grants from IUTOX), typically to comply with laws and regulations. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
IUTOX does not collect any personal identifying information from users just browsing our website. Our server recognizes your domain name and the pages that you visit. These data are gathered in an aggregate manner for quality control, statistical purposes, and improvement of our site. This information is never forwarded to any third parties.
For IUTOX Members, Meeting Registrants, and other Customers
Personal information collected from you is used to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill a service such as event registration or dues renewal. All data are submitted voluntarily. By providing IUTOX your personal information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us, though IUTOX membership and/or other events and services.
How Will Your Information Be Used?
IUTOX uses this information to respond to your requests, enhance its products and services, and to improve your experience, making the organization better for all who engage with IUTOX. Demographic information is specifically used for the purpose of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with our -services. IUTOX ensures the security and privacy of any personally identifiable information that we collect.
IUTOX will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you prior to any additional processing.
Legal Basis for Using Your Information
IUTOX will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We may use your personal data in order to perform the contract we entered into with you. If you failed to provide personal data required to perform the contract, we may not be able to perform the contract and we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
IUTOX may use your personal data based on your consent. By providing IUTOX your personal information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us, though IUTOX membership and/or other events and services, and giving us consent to use your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please remember that withdrawing your consent does not remove the legal basis to use your information to perform the contract where applicable.
How Long Your Information is Stored
Per our record retention policy, IUTOX maintains this information for as long as a member or other customer/partner is actively engaged with the society and for four years after their last interaction, to ensure that those interested in IUTOX services are provided the latest information. IUTOX also maintains key accounting information for tax purposes for seven years after closure.
IUTOX makes member contact and demographic information available through the IUTOX website. IUTOX uses your email address to respond to your request(s) and to relay membership communication such as the newsletter and important membership correspondence. Periodically, IUTOX may share personally identifiable information with organizations that we believe might have a product or service of interest to you. Limited data provided to third parties include name, affiliation, and business address. Your email, telephone, and fax numbers will not be disclosed to third parties.
At any time, you may request to view and/or update your registered information by accessing by contacting IUTOX Headquarters or call 703.438.3103
IUTOX reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law. IUTOX will ensure proper communication with regulatory authorities to ensure privacy.
How can I control my information?
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways:
- If you have received an unwanted email, use the unsubscribe method provided in our various communications and/or manage your subscription preferences online; and
- If you no longer wish to interact with IUTOX and want your personal information deleted, you can make a request by contacting us at IUTOX Headquarters. IUTOX will delete your personal information and maintain your participation information in an anonymous fashion, so that any data we hold about how you have interacted with IUTOX in the past will be made anonymous.
IUTOX is headquartered in the United States and your personal data may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. For the European Union users, the European Commission has approved the use of model contract clauses as a means of ensuring adequate protection when transferring data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By incorporating model contract clauses into a contract between IUTOX and the third-party processors that IUTOX engages, your information can be protected when transferred outside of the EEA to countries which have not been deemed by the European Commission to adequately protect personal data, including the United States.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Access: you may receive information about our processing of your personal data and a copy of your personal data.
- Correct: you may request us to update or correct inaccurate data we have about you. You can also do this by accessing your information as described above.
- Delete: you may ask us to delete your personal information. See above for more detail.
- Opt-out: you may change your subscription setting at any time and stop receiving any direct marketing communications as described above.
- Transfer: you may ask us to transfer your personal data in a machine-readable format to a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: you may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Object: you may object to our reliance on our legitimate interest as the basis of our processing if you believe it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Complain: you have a right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority in the Member State in which you are located. The list of Data Protection authorities and their contact information are available on the European Commission’s website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us by email at IUTOX Headquarters.
- International Intellectual Property and Copyright laws protect all materials contained on the IUTOX website. ‘Material’ includes all text, graphics, icons, photographs, software, audio, and video. Permission is granted to download, copy, or print material for personal, instructional, or noncommercial use.
- Information contained on our website does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the Society of Toxicology. Information found on the IUTOX website should not be relied on as medical, legal, business, or tax advice.
- The IUTOX website provides hyperlinks to external sites for the convenience of our visitors. Such a hyperlink doesn’t imply that the IUTOX endorses the content or operation of external sites. You are solely responsible for how you use any external site linked from this website.
- The laws of the State of Virginia and the United States of America apply, no matter where this website is viewed. Any suits filed against IUTOX must be filed in the state of Virginia.
Organizations with Conflicting Missions
The very foundation of the Society is to improve human health through the science and practice of toxicology world-wide. To this end, the Society reserves the right to not (1) accept financial support from, (2) provide, or (3) otherwise collaborate with any organization whose goals, objectives, or past actions are deemed counterproductive to those of the International Union of Toxicology.
How to Contact Us and Give Us Your Feedback
You may provide consent to IUTOX to email you communications, or unsubscribe to stop receiving further IUTOX communication.